Friday, June 15, 2012

There Will be Poor Sledding This Weekend

As the saying goes "Canada's weather is 10 months of winter and 2 months of poor sledding". Well I'm happy to say "we're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave".... All winter I dream about the days to come when I can go for a walk in the evening without wrapping myself in a sweater. Not only did I go for a walk tonight, I sat outside and read the paper. I am in Perth, Ontario this week end to participate in a garden show. Kiwi Gardens is our host and what a beautiful host. The 5 acres of mature gardens is a perfect backdrop for all of the art on display. 15 artists have set up displays of their work and are ready to sell, sell, sell tomorrow. The sale goes for 2 days and with any luck we will be driving home with a much lighter trailer Sunday night. The temperature is predicted to get over 30 degrees celsius on Sunday and for a country that has everyone putting on a sweater in the evening, that's a hot day. So no sledding for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment