Friday, June 8, 2012

I Just Heard The News

June 9 to 17 is World Wide Knit in Public Week. I had no idea that there was a whole week dedicated to the looping of yarn in the great outdoors. Have I been wrong by knitting in public during the other 51 weeks? I take great joy in the intertwining of wool and I'm proud to let people know. I have never thought that I needed to stay in the closet with my stash of yarn while I worked on my scarf. I take my knitting everywhere. I knit in the car, but I do refrain when I'm the driver. I knit at the cinema while waiting for the movie to start. I knit at the park while someone else is having a turn chasing after our grandson. I knit for the joy of the feel of the yarn, for the rhythm of the repetition, for the history of the task. When I knit I think about knowing I have the ability to focus on the minute details and the minute moments which make up a good life. There maybe only a few big, important events in your life so relish the many small events which make up your days and weeks and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment