Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Week 2

Over the last 3 days we here in Southern Ontario have had some beautiful weather. The temperature was above freezing, the sun was shining and the snow was melting. All of those things that we long for mid winter. It felt like spring was in the air and I started looking around for those tell tale signs of that wonderful season. (Silly me) Here it is only the second week in January and I'm looking at buds on the trees. We still have two and a half months until the end of March and there is no guarantee that it won't snow in April, in fact it usually does snow sometime in April. In fact when I was a teen I got a new horse which was delivered to the stable April 2 and on April 3 I couldn't get over to the stable to see him because of the snow. It was a true snow day, school canceled, roads closed and my Mum refused to drive me. So.... to show my daydreaming in a brooch I have cast an apple twig, in bronze, with the buds waiting for the real Spring weather to open up.
Cast Bronze Stick Pin

No comments:

Post a Comment