Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Brooch a Week for 2014

I wanted to do something special this year to keep me making jewellery. Lately my efforts have all been in my sewing room so this will keep me moving in two directions. I plan to use a variety of materials for this project which will push and stretch me out of any comfort zone I might have had. The first several days of this new year here in Barrie it has been alternating between very cold weather and snow blizzards. To celebrate the wonderful winter weather (I'm trying really hard to embrace winter even though I would much rather be complaining about it), my first pin will honour the rabbits which we see just outside our kitchen window. Every night 2 rabbits come around and have a nosh on my quince branches. Unfortunately for the rabbits the snow has now covered all of the medium sized shrubs. The temperature here is suppose to rise towards the weekend with a possibility of rain so that should take down the height of the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment