Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Three

Here is my third weeks brooch. The stone, called Sonora Sunset was purchased in Arizona as a large slab. Derek cut and polished the stone and I set it in the sterling silver bezel frame. I chose the stone this week because of it's name. I don't know about you but I've noticed a couple of sunsets over this past week. Since November the sun has been setting without me even noticing. The daylight would just disappear and and all of a sudden it was dark out and usually before I had finished work for the day. The sun is now on the upswing and setting later every night. Last night Derek and I were out at 6:20 and there was still a little light in the sky. The sun had set but in the sky there was colour . I find that so uplifting at this time of year. I know there is still a lot of cold weather left to endure but Spring is now on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment