Monday, February 25, 2013

Buttons

I couldn't believe this when I saw it. A jar of Haunted Buttons. I thought I was the only one that was scared of, repulsed by and fascinated by a jar of buttons. I am a sewer and have been making clothing since I took home ec in high school so how can I be afraid of a jar of buttons. I have a vivid memory of sitting on the stairs going down to the basement in my childhood home and staring around the corner to my Mother's sewing area and that big jar of buttons. I must have been about five or six at the time. I don't know why they bothered me but a jar of buttons can still do it to me. In my adult life I have very rarely worn anything with buttons on it. No button down shirts, it's always been pull-overs for me.

1 comment:

  1. So that's where Caitlin got her dislike of buttons from. Funny though.. I used to love that jar of wooden buttons you kept in your sewing basket. I remember it fondly.

    ReplyDelete