Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What Am I Doing

Funny how it takes a couple of days after a show to get back working again. It wasn't exactly physically exhausting except I did go for a long walk in downtown Hamilton wearing heels. Sitting around waiting for people to show up so you can chat with them and possible make a sale is mentally exhausting. I have never found it easy talking with people but I am getting much better. I've really had to work at it. Most people will say that it is easier to talk about someone else's work but people really want to talk to the maker. As we know we aren't just selling art we're selling ourselves, our life style, our ideas and thoughts..... Back to the rabbit. What's with that picture? About a month before the studio tour I was working on some wax rabbits. I left them to get some dresses made. Now that I'm back ready to set up the foundry again, I hope I won't be derailed. The only problem might be is that I'm my worst enemy. I can derail myself in no time flat. "squirrel" Look at that shiny object over there. Maybe I can make those too.!. Back to the rabbits. The rabbits will be cast in bronze and used ....... to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment