Sunday, May 27, 2012

It Was A Great Weekend.

The weather was lovely and the turnout was great. The spring studio tour is over for another year and I am looking forward to going back. My host Terry Osborne makes some of the best wood fired pottery in the country. Her pottery forms exude the passion which is evident in her love for clay when you get her talking about her work. She fires her pottery in a kiln which is heated with wood. It takes anywhere from 36 to 72 hours of feeding wood into an insatiable fire to complete the firing. Usually there are several like minded friends who work together. The flame of the fire licks, stains and colours the pottery leaving a wonderful surface.
Over the weekend I had the pleasure of showing my new clothing line to a whole new audience. I got the best reaction I could ever ask for. I sold some. My Barrie launch will happen this summer. I promise.......

No comments:

Post a Comment