Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fifteenth Day

The day was spent working on Leigh-Anne's wedding ring. It came home from the casting house with several divots in it. Brenda apologized for the problem and said I didn't have to take it if I was unhappy. With just a week to go I don't have time to start over. I am redesigning by carving into the ring with my saw, various burrs and my file. It's going to take a little longer then expected but worth the extra time to make it perfect for my girl. Alex's ring had one small leaf on it and whoever put the sprue on it for the casting put the sprue right on top of the leaf, obliterating it. I will carve a new one.

I will show you a picture of the rings when finished.

This ring will be for Leigh-Anne when she starts sewing and needs a pin cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment